written by reader D R Barton Dark Edge / dark pool trades – new service 2020

By tommy2shoes, April 30, 2020

Any feedback on this? Sounds like option trades culled from large ”dark pool” trades, daily.
Seems plausible to me but hey… it’s Money Map Press

CodyL
CodyL
April 30, 2020 7:30 pm

got a link to see what it is referencing?

abstractpoet
abstractpoet
May 4, 2020 6:03 pm

I watched the entire pitch and am intrigued. First of all, are there actual dark pool trades that take several days to process openly? If so, and IF someone can actually see these private exchanges in real time, then it makes sense that it’s valuable info. The institutional money will bump the stock and spur piggy-back buys when it goes public. His algorithm claims to select the hottest sectors with stocks that have the most dark pool money ahead of the expected bump. Price is $1,950 per year with actual money back guarantee, not just another year’s credit. Still pricey. Also it’s not exactly clear if the results are based strictly on data-mining or his actual picks. His beta mode supposedly had real clients since last October 24. And yes, these are option plays.

lancew
May 4, 2020 6:30 pm

He’ll I’ll try it just put it on amex and if don’t make any money dispute they’ll take it off I just did that with marques booker I fell for his 1497 deal and she sent one text at midnight on Sunday 88 strike with a 8 put and 5 call which I had no earthly idea how that stuff works I tried to call them left messages just went ahead called amex over and done. I’m new do all this but all the stuff I’ve been watching seems like there either 49.95 or over a 1000 he’ll if you could make your money back first week like there saying not a big deal he’ll if give half commission of every trade if you were making what he says . Did you sign up for it

Andrew Lee
Andrew Lee
May 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Reply to  lancew

lancew,

The presentation claims a conditional guarantee of at least 1359% from a year’s subscription. But the order form states at the bottom that it is a non-refundable offer. So caveat emptor!

MikeS
MikeS
May 22, 2020 9:40 pm
Reply to  Andrew Lee

Andrew Lee, exactly, I just submitted a question to them via their form submission on the website https://darkedgeproject.com/contact-us/

Here’s the question I sent:

My inquiry is on the Dark Edge Project, specifically the guarantee promoted in the sales page. QUOTE: “If my track record hasn’t built up to 1,359% total gains (including losses).
Your membership dues will be returned to you. It’s that simple.”

This guarantee seems to be directed to D.R. Barton, Jr. and his service as a whole vs. to the subscriber’s results, is that correct ?

Also, at the bottom of the sign up form you see this: ““Billing Terms and Refund Policy: …………… This is a non-refundable offer””

So, which is it ? is the refund guarantee a good guarantee or not ?

Andrew S Mutz
Andrew S Mutz
May 31, 2020 1:25 pm
Reply to  MikeS

Did you get a response?

exvestor
exvestor
June 5, 2020 12:58 pm
Reply to  MikeS

Ask if those gains promised are “cumulative gains”… a BS marketing term that presupposes that you put the identical lot of $10k into each trade, even though you have several positions at 10k ea. open at the same time. (Arithmetically limits your principal at risk to $x and adds all gains up to y%, whereas your actual principal at risk was $x times 2,5,7, 10 or 12 (or more.) If you have 3 trades at 10k each gaining 5%, you’d have average gains of 5%. In newsletter lingo, that would be “cumulative gains of 15%!!!!” — a 200% distortion of actual results.

Denise J
Denise J
June 22, 2020 12:44 pm
Reply to  MikeS

Mike S.- Please let us know when/if you get a response to this question, and what they say. Thanks.

monty5235