written by reader D R Barton Dark Edge / dark pool trades – new service 2020

By tommy2shoes, April 30, 2020

Any feedback on this? Sounds like option trades culled from large ”dark pool” trades, daily.
Seems plausible to me but hey… it’s Money Map Press

CodyL
CodyL
4 months ago

got a link to see what it is referencing?

abstractpoet
abstractpoet
4 months ago

I watched the entire pitch and am intrigued. First of all, are there actual dark pool trades that take several days to process openly? If so, and IF someone can actually see these private exchanges in real time, then it makes sense that it’s valuable info. The institutional money will bump the stock and spur piggy-back buys when it goes public. His algorithm claims to select the hottest sectors with stocks that have the most dark pool money ahead of the expected bump. Price is $1,950 per year with actual money back guarantee, not just another year’s credit. Still pricey. Also it’s not exactly clear if the results are based strictly on data-mining or his actual picks. His beta mode supposedly had real clients since last October 24. And yes, these are option plays.

lancew
4 months ago

He’ll I’ll try it just put it on amex and if don’t make any money dispute they’ll take it off I just did that with marques booker I fell for his 1497 deal and she sent one text at midnight on Sunday 88 strike with a 8 put and 5 call which I had no earthly idea how that stuff works I tried to call them left messages just went ahead called amex over and done. I’m new do all this but all the stuff I’ve been watching seems like there either 49.95 or over a 1000 he’ll if you could make your money back first week like there saying not a big deal he’ll if give half commission of every trade if you were making what he says . Did you sign up for it

Andrew Lee
Andrew Lee
4 months ago
Reply to  lancew

lancew,

The presentation claims a conditional guarantee of at least 1359% from a year’s subscription. But the order form states at the bottom that it is a non-refundable offer. So caveat emptor!

MikeS
MikeS
4 months ago
Reply to  Andrew Lee

Andrew Lee, exactly, I just submitted a question to them via their form submission on the website https://darkedgeproject.com/contact-us/

Here’s the question I sent:

My inquiry is on the Dark Edge Project, specifically the guarantee promoted in the sales page. QUOTE: “If my track record hasn’t built up to 1,359% total gains (including losses).
Your membership dues will be returned to you. It’s that simple.”

This guarantee seems to be directed to D.R. Barton, Jr. and his service as a whole vs. to the subscriber’s results, is that correct ?

Also, at the bottom of the sign up form you see this: ““Billing Terms and Refund Policy: …………… This is a non-refundable offer””

So, which is it ? is the refund guarantee a good guarantee or not ?

Andrew S Mutz
Andrew S Mutz
3 months ago
Reply to  MikeS

Did you get a response?

exvestor
exvestor
3 months ago
Reply to  MikeS

Ask if those gains promised are “cumulative gains”… a BS marketing term that presupposes that you put the identical lot of $10k into each trade, even though you have several positions at 10k ea. open at the same time. (Arithmetically limits your principal at risk to $x and adds all gains up to y%, whereas your actual principal at risk was $x times 2,5,7, 10 or 12 (or more.) If you have 3 trades at 10k each gaining 5%, you’d have average gains of 5%. In newsletter lingo, that would be “cumulative gains of 15%!!!!” — a 200% distortion of actual results.

Denise J
Denise J
3 months ago
Reply to  MikeS

Mike S.- Please let us know when/if you get a response to this question, and what they say. Thanks.

monty5235
4 months ago

you know, If I was D.R Barton Jnr and I had discovered this ground breaking tactic I would advertise it but offer to prove it and ask each person reading the ad to send an email and I would send instructions on two deals but up the subscription to 5K per annum… wonder why they don’t offer to beta test with one what they are pushing.. rhetorical question by the way …. just as equally and more likely would be if I was J.R Barton and I had discovered this ground breaking tactic I would probably tell a few good friends but not worry about doing a 1 hourr bore show and be associated with the rest of the Money Map Press riff riff , live in Florida keys , make one or two sure fire trades per month and fish and dive the rest of the time..give my hammock a slight push will you love …

gkissi
gkissi
2 months ago
Reply to  monty5235

Or simply do a monthly subscription instead of asking people to pony up the whole year’s subscription up front. The fact that these so called gurus don’t offer a monthly subscription tells me they are not confident they can produce the what they claim their system does.

Lance Ippolito from has an options service that he claims is based on “Unusual Option activity” that indicates what “smart money” is buying for $2000 per year. After several emails and refusing to pony up that kinda money they sent me a quarterly subscription for $500 so I decided to try it out. So far this month all 5 weekly options trade have been a 100% loss! Needless to say I’ll be cancelling lol. And here’s the thing, I’m a savvy technical trader so even with his alerts I use technical analysis for my entry and in each of his alerts I got a much better entry an average of 30-40 cents lower than his entry and still lost 100% on all the trades!

Loralie
Loralie
2 months ago
Reply to  gkissi

I just listened to his Infomercial about his Stock trading Blitz and knew to check for scam complaints. The profits he claims are ridiculous.

OSUfball
4 months ago

There are screeners that you can pay a monthly fee and get this info. FlowAlgo (http://flowalgo.com) is an example of one. I would not pay any guru to feed me this info as he or she is probably front running the info.

MikeS
MikeS
4 months ago
Reply to  OSUfball

Thanks OSUfball, this site sheds all kinds of light on the dark edge project, Ok, because you don’t know how to drive I’ll drive you around for 2,000.00 annually. No thanks, I’ll drive myself

OSUfball
3 months ago
Reply to  MikeS

I actually found a free site called aidedtrade (https://www.aidedtrade.io). Just click the “X” on the subscribe now popup that appears. 100% free and no registration or free trial nonsense.

redafalih
redafalih
1 month ago
Reply to  OSUfball

Hey, I actually run Aided Trade. We have access to pretty much all kinds of market data via our backend institutional work. Please let me know if there’s something else we can build to help. Had no idea there were companies charging for this type of data .

Denise J
Denise J
4 months ago

I joined this service 10 days ago, and so far every option trade but one that has been suggested is losing. So, the pitch claims a conditional guarantee of at least 1359% from a year’s subscription (this was based on beta testing from Oct 2019 through Feb 2020) however, the order form states at the bottom that it is a non-refundable offer. I will give it a chance, but right now am feeling buyers remorse.

MikeS