written by reader Paul Mampilly’s 100x deal

By backoffice, April 8, 2020

I listened to a sales pitch last night for over 1 hour that was geared to Paul Mampilly’s Banyan Hill suckers and was waiting for the 3 stocks that would pay returns of at least 100x or better ,
what I got at the end was an opportunity to sign up for the service for $10,000 for life. With that you would get at least 1 tip a month at minimum and pay a yearly fee for maintainence. The time frame for these returns could be anywhere from 1 year to 8 or 9 years, He gave some insight into the 3 picks he was talking about but no ticker symbols. They are all micro-caps and 1 had a patent for blood testing without the need of collecting blood without a needle. Did anyone else catch this pitch or have any idea of who it may be? Thanks Travis, he says he’s looking at Micro- caps worth 300 million, have enough capital for 1 year,experienced executives with a track record, gross margins of at least 20%, and a unique service

3.2K Comments
marissa
marissa
March 31, 2021 10:32 am

Hi everyone, had to step away from everything stock related for a couple weeks. Too much stress when my portfolio fell 28%. Hopefully we have hit bottom and will now start to climb back.

πŸ‘ 75
SillyRabbit
March 31, 2021 11:35 am
Reply to  marissa

I’m pretty confident to say most people who invested in this thread had a portfolio draw down of 15%-30% You are not alone.

πŸ‘ 263
specter
specter
March 31, 2021 12:26 pm
Reply to  SillyRabbit

Even with very disciplined strategic buys, mine has taken a nice wallop. Made a few mistakes. Ill write em down in the journal and hopefully will not repeat them.
Strongly believe there is a “stealth correction” taking place. Russell 2000 stocks are down an average of 22% from their high and over 200 are down more than 50%. For some odd reason, I own a good number. LOL…

πŸ‘ 93
barkerooney
barkerooney
March 31, 2021 12:49 pm
Reply to  specter

Don’t worry Specter, you’re in good company here!

πŸ‘ 27
SillyRabbit
March 31, 2021 1:59 pm
Reply to  specter

If you wouldn’t mind, please do share what you think were your mistakes. I too thought I was disciplined with my entries (small lot entries on Fibonacci or MA levels). My mistake was mostly FOMO with PM’s list of previous gains (NNDM, MARA, RWLK), and thinking his new picks would be priced fair at the time of recommendation, in which they dropped significantly even though they were new picks.
2. Allocating too much to PM’s list, since there were so many, just a small allocation to 10-15 of the picks, when they all go down together 30%, it adds up. I messed up by diversifying between the picks, but allocating too much of my portfolio to PM’s list.
When all of the picks go down together 30%+, diversifying didn’t work in this situation.
My other portfolio held up a bit better as less exposure to smallcaps.

πŸ‘ 263
specter
specter
March 31, 2021 5:10 pm
Reply to  SillyRabbit

I don’t mind admitting my errors. This is how I manage my portfolio. It is not a suggestion nor recommendation.

First, I almost never buy stocks when the price is extended well past the 20pma.- I bot CCJ and a few others that didn’t meet that criteria. FOMO on a few. Fortunately, that only happened a few times.
Second, You have to accept the fact that you cant get em all. By that, I mean no system is foolproof. There will be many instances where the recommendations don’t meet my buy criteria and they go up and I don’t get in or get in at a higher price. For me, it is more about being a disciplined investor and not chasing returns. I look at how much I can lose versus how much I can make. You cant make a stock go up. I started chasing a few names ,mainly the commodities because I feel they have some room to run. I have been successful by waiting on my “setup”. I was reckless with a few names.
Third, I never trust the first bounce. I started buying to early and deployed way to much capital. Which really sucks, because I did a good job of raising cash . The market was very extended and needs time to workout the excess. I have done this for close to 30 years. I know better. Very, very seldom is there a “V” recovery in prices. Odds are slim to none that after a decline that it will get to the high price on the first attempt. Which leads me to #4.
Fourth, I bot several names at major support. I was lazy/stupid and didn’t put in my sell orders at 25% retracement levels &/or 20pma. This was an excellent, high percentage opportunity that I failed to take advantage of.
Now I am on the wrong side of the moving averages on many. This mistake absolutely makes me nauseous. The difference in the “trading profit” versus where it is at now really eats at me. Keep in mind, I don’t just trade these stocks. I have a core position, but I like to strategically buy/sell over a cycle.
Fifth, IF I would have executed #4, I would have a lot more shares in these names.
For many on this forum, the above is not even applicable because you are long term investors and will sale when PM advises you. I totally appreciate that. I believe in buy and hold.

πŸ‘ 93
lucyb0906
lucyb0906
March 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Reply to  specter

Thank you so much for sharing your insights. You just articulated my trajectory. Really appreciate everyone here sharing their thoughts and experiences. What a great site!

πŸ‘ 1
Jeff
April 1, 2021 1:40 pm
Reply to  SillyRabbit

Silly rabbit, I could have written your post. I have had the same pat 8 weeks. April. Bad March is done, let the big boys come out and put some $ in!!! Good luck to all. TY. Jeffrey

Mario
April 1, 2021 6:12 pm
Reply to  Jeff

JEFF (as per Travis’ note on email notification issue on this current thread)

πŸ‘ 23
Mario
April 1, 2021 6:13 pm
Reply to  SillyRabbit

SILLY RABBIT (as per Travis’ note on email notification issue on this current thread)