written by reader One Trade from Michael Carr on BanyanHill

By sribol, June 10, 2020

Hello
Happened to see the presentation ”One Trade” from Michael Carr on BanyanHill. You can see this at: https://banyanhill.com/one-trade/

Summary: Mr. Carr is going to share one-trade a month that is going to guarantee to go 2X. The cost of annual membership is $1500.

My read: Few examples shows doubling within a few-days, but it could be longer than that. The biggest concern I had was on the order page that says ”if you are not going to double your investment within a year, you will get another year for FREE”. For a newsletter that boasts 100% return for each and every recommendation (making it close to 48 opportunities in a year), it is weird to see the above. May be it is just part of their ”legalese” stuff.

If you have any experience with this newsletter or with Mr. Carr’s recommendations, please share. Thanks.

-Sri

Gerald Galanowsky
Gerald Galanowsky
June 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Notice Once your card is charged your money is gone……and if One Trade doesn’t perform as advertised …they will give you one more year of punishment ……..Big Deal!

dlkagca
dlkagca
June 27, 2020 3:30 am

So I looked at this promo too. I called Banyan and spoke to someone about how this program was called something else when it was rolled out over a year ago. They offered it to ppl who paid $15-$25K FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE KITCHEN SINK. I am not one of those but I did get one person to share with me some of the monthly returns in 2019 (about 3 months worth) and he got annoyed with me asking questions and wanting some info before plunking down $1,500.

Also, another person shared (on another call I made) more recent monthly numbers in the last few months. As the pitch states, the numbers were not great in the first year but the last 6 months have been much better. I like knowing about how bad the losers are and there was one month that each weekly trade was a bust. Down about 170% in that one month in 2019. However, according to phone rep, (is that the truth being shared???), there was a 300% gain the following month. This is why the “no more then 10% on any trade” comments were made in pitch. I cannot stand that they shared all the gains that were huge in the Beta Test period but they NEVER ONCE gave any specific details on the bad trades. Now you know why. Having said all of that, I like the analytical style and less fluff style of Carr in comparison to everyone else who is pitching something else.

Let me know if you go for the program please and some weeks they do have two trades but pretty much did confirm that at least one trade was occurring each week on the 4 months I was able to at least ask about.

FYI, if you ask for a 30 day or 60 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE so you can at least look at the numbers, they will offer that to you. You just have to ask. Also , I noticed the price was $1,495 in the pitch but the order form showed $1,950 and I was told (sold) that this was because the price will be going up and the presentation wasn’t updated yet so he couldn’t guarantee when the price increase was going into effect but he said he would offer the 60 day money back guarantee regardless.

Hope this info helps…… keep in touch if you do go for it.

dlkagca
dlkagca
Reply to  sribol
June 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Sri,
That One Trade strategy is a much lower barrier to entry compared to other Banyan programs from Paul Mamphily and Carr’s other program (Peak Velocity)which is also options based (buying calls and puts as the markets head up and down).
I like the One Trade idea of always trading DOW so you know what ticker you are dealing with each and every week and there is no individual company risk to research. I have paper traded Peak Velocity (on and off for a few years now) and it has been working but it is also being “tweaked” with limit orders instead of market orders within a range. Since I am not actively trading the strategy I do not feel right sharing my thoughts publicly since paper trading some of the trades is so very, very different than acting on all trades. Two totally different levels of experience to speak of! I am still paper-trading because I am trying to filter out those 70-90% losing trades that expire worthless with Carr. OUCH…… I believe that if a person takes profits off the table on each trade and does not double up and uses 10% MAX of the total portfolio on each trade for Risk Mgmt, this should work long term. Follow the rules in other wards. I do prefer this new method of getting in on Peak Velocity trades as the messaging from the service will be more relevant for all who have paid the price to get the advice. Hopefully more consistent communication for all following the trades.
I am VERY curious to see if One Trade enters trades the way Peak Volocity used to or like this newest method new since last week. If you sign up, let me know how I can get ahold of you (email) if you want to share notes privately.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Reply to  sribol
July 11, 2020 11:56 pm

I simply told him the presentation stated 1495.00 and that I was charged 1995.$. He quickly gave me a refund and said their programs aren’t for everyone.

Grace
Grace
Reply to  Kimberly
July 29, 2020 4:28 am

What do they mean by saying “their programs aren’t for everyone?” I am a beginner. If I enrolled, can I follow and get the return as Michael explained?

fwsecvir22
fwsecvir22
June 27, 2020 6:27 pm

I had investing success with Michael Carr. Several years ago, right after I retired, I invested in one of his stock-picking services, and I did quite well the first year. But it was VERY TEDIOUS work. So I wore down, and didn’t do well at all in the second year. So I didn’t continue with his service, although I did better than the markets during the 18 of 24 months I stuck it out. So I thought he was a good stock picker, and was pretty good in knowing when to sell.

Just my experience, but I discovered I had success when I attentively watched for his buy or sell recommendations M-F each week, so when they popped up, I could QUICKLY act on them. I was still in work mode just after retiring, so I was on the energetic lookout every weekday for a possible email from him, and it paid off for me. But over time, it became increasingly difficult to be tied down waiting to jump when one of his emailed buy-or-sell recs popped up. In the second year, my diligence wore down, and I went as long as several days sometimes before reading the alerts, and I actually lost money over the first six months of that year, but I still came out pretty well overall in 18 months, as I said. It just became more difficult for me as I became more of a retiree. But a much more persistent person likely did much better than me. And I didn’t use a texting service in those days; which, looking back, would have made the process less taxing.

As far as trading options—I don’t care who the advisor is, it’s too complicated and risky for a simpleton like me.

dlkagca
dlkagca
Reply to  fwsecvir22
June 29, 2020 12:45 am

Thank you for sharing. Any chance you can share specific details like number of trades or ROI for the first year VS the second year?

Kimberly
Kimberly
July 4, 2020 10:52 am

I’m new to one trade, I split it with a friend. I’m also new to trading overall. I’m going to give it a try and I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

JR guest
JR guest
Reply to  Kimberly
July 4, 2020 1:55 pm

I discussed a split but knowing these trades are time sensitive, both of us decided against it. You must get in and out when you get the alert and then you run a chance not being filled at recommended limit order. All their figured are from accumulative gains and their point of reference on winning trades. It’s likely to be close to “Peak Velocity” except option trading DIA which means you need to exit ahead of the herd before the sell alert, taking some profit instead of trying 2Xs bet, which is not doubling your money when counting loses, but at least 15% net gain if you are lucky and intensely involved hourly/daily with your option. I’m definitely interested in your profit/loss results with OneTrade and the account balance you allocated to get your $1,500 back. They recommend at least $30K trade account and trade all 50 alerts per year; with a mental 7% position & 25% stop loss.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Reply to  JR guest
July 9, 2020 8:39 am

So far I’ve learned that the one trade program will not work for me. I get the alerts when I’m on the way to work , and when it’s time to enter the trades, I’m still on my way to work. I’ve also learned depending what platform you’re using you’d need be in front of a desktop computer to enter the trades.

Shari Fryrear
Shari Fryrear
July 4, 2020 12:51 pm

His price today on the internet is half off but it is not 1,500.00 his current half off 🙂 is 1,995.00

oliveira
oliveira
July 5, 2020 7:04 am

Unfortunately I did not profit from these comments, I signed up one day earlier and my visa was debited the same day. I paid 1,395$, have received 4 alerts with a total gain of 761$ after deduction of a loss of 470$ on one trade. So actually, I have earned half the subscription in this short time, not bad. I have noticed that the best results come shortly before market close, so with the next sell order I shall watch price development before selling as per his instrutions because my loss would have been smalle if I had sold a couple of hours later. I have not been able to see anything on their “model portfolio”, usually blank and other questions are just not answered, e.g why he without exception chooses options with extremely short expiration, which sometimes scares me. With the last call option I got a reminder from TD. Ameritrade that my account needed action, so was relieved to get the trade alert to sell.

Grace
Grace
Reply to  oliveira
July 29, 2020 4:47 am

Thanks for sharing. What was your trading account at the beginning? I want to start with $5,000. If I follow his alerts closely and trade all, can my account will grow to over $00,000 in 12 months?

Ray Helvy
Ray Helvy
Reply to  Grace
July 30, 2020 8:31 am

I think I remember reading somewhere that he didn’t recommend starting with less than $10,000, (to make sure you recovered his fee and made a good profit for your self, I imagine). There are never guarantees with investing. Even with bonds, which state a fixed rate of return, if the company goes bankrupt, you lose all your money. If you are asking if your $5000 will grow to $100,000, the answer is probably not. Getting $5000 to go to $10,000 in a year would be more like what he is saying. There is no way to tell if there is going to be a bad streak where you lose money on several successive trades, so you would want to limit the amount put into any one trade to no more than 10% of the money allotted for trading his program. I hope this helps.

Grace