written by reader Latest Crypto pitch from Porter Stansberry: The 7 Cryptos That’ll Reset the Financial System

By meteora921, August 3, 2020

”If you’re still not fully ready to buy cryptocurrencies to take advantage of what’s happening, here’s the good news… There’s a trade you can make right now on the stock market. In short – it’s the world’s easiest way to “buy crypto without buying crypto.”

You can do this in any brokerage account… or in your IRA or most 401(k)s… that gives you the chance to 10x your money thanks to the crypto market.”

Any ideas on what they could be?

Cody
Cody
1 month ago

can share the link so can see?

btjossem
btjossem
1 month ago
Reply to  Cody

I don’t know if people are looking for this website are not

bunion132
1 month ago
Reply to  Cody

Cody (or sometimes Cody L), I am generally not good with remembering names but repetitive questions do resonate in my mind as a frequent visitor on this site. There must be a reason why you all too often ask for a link, especially to questions posted under “Reader Started Discussions”. At first I thought you were a Gumshoe staffer assisting Travis with the research, but his response to one of your requests changed my impression.

There must be a reason why a Guest would consistently ask for a link but not follow up with a response such as sharing an insight on the topic, agreeing or disagreeing with the newsletter, or even saying “thank you” to the person that provides a link but never hears from you again. What could the reason be?

btjossem
btjossem
1 month ago

I’m very curious about this as well. Months ago I attempted to do some research to see what crypto was investable via the stock market. I ran into this and am still confused. It appears to be going up but who is able to buy it?
It seems that it was once valued at roughly $10 when I looked in January 2020 (but my notes do not indicate a price in January).
I believe I even inquired with a broker back in February and he indicated the fund is not available.
Perhaps there is another fund out there that mimics this guy?
One other possibility is:
Bitwise Fund/Index.
If I find out more. I will post it here.

s2009miller
s2009miller
1 month ago

greyscalebitcoin trust may be the answer It is sold on the stock exchange

imvestor
imvestor
1 month ago
Reply to  s2009miller

Meteora921: I believe s2009miller is correct. Grayscale offers Bitcoin (GBTC) and Ethereum (ETHE) and is in the process of getting 2 more (Bitcoin Cash & Litecoin ) listed for OTC purchase. You do not “own” the crypto currency, but by purchasing a share in the listed entity, you become the “beneficial owner” of an interest in a trust (The listed entity) which owns the currency and each share in the trust is entitled to a formula-derived dollar amount that is based on the quoted market value of a coin of the crypto currency in which the trust invests (less the trust’s “cut” or fees for creating the trust and being smart enough to figure out how to buy crypto currencies, out them in a trust and get the shares in the trust listed on an exchange. You don’t ever get the right to force the trust to distribute actual crypto currency to you, just the right to sell your interest on the exchange and get the purchaser’s money (reflecting the crypto currency’s market vale at the time of your sale) moved into your brokerage account. I am invested in GBTC and ETHE, but have no incentive to induce you to purchase any Grayscale product and do not claim that my explanation of their product is complete or even factually accurate.

Daniel Hanszmann
Daniel Hanszmann
1 month ago

This is not Stansdberry, but seems to follow along those lines…

bunion132
1 month ago

Stansberry might be referring to digital asset manager Grayscale Investments whose trust funds GBTC, ETHE & ETCG can be traded (over-the-counter) in a regular or IRA brokerage account.

There’s also Bluesky Digital Assets (BTCWF), a Canadian digital miner trading OTC-pink sheets.

Those are the only ones I know of that are open to retail investors, but there seem to be a growing number of digital asset investment vehicles open only to institutional investors.

Michael Dominguez
Michael Dominguez
1 month ago

Try GDLC for broad based exposure to crypto

We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. By clicking any link on this page you are giving your consent for us to set cookies.

More Info